We meet (almost) every month in Cologne for hakken.irl, a small three-day (friday to sunday) hackathon that's just about having fun and nerding around.
What will we be doing?
Stuff we've done so far:
- configured Matrix monitoring with Prometheus,
- refactored the core module of PubSolarOS,
- started sway as a systemd service,
- added a "paranoid" option that always uses encrypted hibernation instead of sleep,
- removed nonfree software from PubSolarOS,
- played Wizard, cards and board games,
- cooked, ordered, and ate together,
- and made fun of neoliberals.
So is it just for über-nerds?
It's pretty nerdy over all, and you should definitely bring your laptop. However we don't really care what you do while you're with us. It's good if you can also entertain yourself with a project. We use the space to work together and connect, but if we vibe you can also just sit with us and play games all day.
What do I have to pay?
It's free, but if we order food or get some stuff at a kiosk it'd be cool if you chip in. A small donation to the association is also always welcome.
Where do I sleep?
If you cannot find an (affordable, cool, safe) place to stay in Cologne, then talk to us. We'll surely be able to set you up with a place to stay somewhere.
Where do I sign up?
When will this happen?
hakken.irl always starts on the last friday of the month.